When we use the zinc-nickel alloy trivalent chromium blue passivator, the workpiece can obtain a uniform light blue to cyan blue appearance and a passivation film with strong corrosion resistance.So what points should be paid attention to in the process of using zinc-nickel alloy trivalent chromium blue passivator?
Bigolly Technology made an analysis based on the field experience and the characteristics of the product zinc-nickel alloy trivalent chromium blue passivator Zn-323, mainly including the following five points:
1. The thickness of the zinc-nickel alloy coating should be more than 5μm, which can ensure that the workpiece has good corrosion resistance after passivation.In addition, the nickel content in the coating will also affect the color and corrosion resistance of the coating. The higher the nickel content, the better the corrosion resistance of the coating, but it will be more difficult to passivate.Comprehensive consideration, the nickel content in the coating should be 13~15%.
2. The operating parameters of the passivation solution are controlled within the process range.Generally, different passivating agents are used, and the operating parameters will deviate.For example, the concentration range of this Zn-323 during production is Zn-323A: 50ml/L, Zn-323C: 75ml/L (rack plating), the pH value is about 4.0, and the temperature is about 30 °C.
3. The stirring strength of the passivation solution will affect the color and corrosion resistance of the coating.Generally, when the stirring is strong, the passivation film is a brown thin film, and the corrosion resistance will be reduced.In order to ensure the appearance of light blue and good corrosion resistance, the appropriate stirring force should be adjusted during the production process.
4. With the progress of production, the accumulation of zinc ions and iron ions in the passivation solution will affect the performance and corrosion resistance of the passivation solution.Therefore, the workpieces that fall into the bottom of the tank in the passivation solution should be salvaged in time, and the passivation solution should be updated regularly to ensure that the passivation solution is only good, and it can also prolong the service life of the passivation solution.
5. Proper baking treatment.After the workpiece is passivated, it needs to be fully baked. If the baking is not sufficient, the corrosion resistance of the coating will be reduced.Bigolly recommends customers: when using Zn-323, the workpiece baking temperature should be set above 80℃, and the baking time should be above 10 minutes.
Therefore, we should control these points when using the zinc-nickel alloy trivalent chromium blue passivator to ensure that the coating has good appearance, good corrosion resistance, and can effectively prolong the service life of the passivation solution.If you are interested in zinc-nickel alloy trivalent chromium blue passivator, please contact Bigolly customer service to get free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about zinc-nickel alloy electroplating, you can check "Industry News".