We can obtain uniform light blue to bluish blue passivation film with strong corrosion resistance when using zinc nickel alloy trivalent chromium blue passivator.What points should we pay attention to in the use process?
According to the field experience and the characteristics of the product zinc nickel alloy trivalent chromium blue passivator Zn-323, Bigolly Technology has made an analysis, mainly including the following five points:
1. The thickness of zinc nickel alloy coating shall be 5 μm above, it can ensure that the workpiece has good corrosion resistance after passivation.In addition, the nickel content in the coating will also affect the color and corrosion resistance of the coating. The higher the nickel content, the better the corrosion resistance of the coating, but it will be more difficult to passivate.In comprehensive consideration, the nickel content in the coating should be 13~15%.
2. The operating parameters of the passivation solution are controlled within the process range.Generally, the operating parameters will be deviated due to the use of unused passivators.For example, the concentration range of this Zn-323 during operation is Zn-323A: 50ml/L, Zn-323C: 75ml/L (hanging plating), pH value is about 4.0, and temperature is about 30 ℃.
3. The stirring strength of passivation solution will affect the color and corrosion resistance of the coating.Generally, when the stirring is strong, the passivation film is a thin brown film, and the corrosion resistance will be reduced.In order to ensure light blue appearance and good corrosion resistance, proper mixing strength shall be adjusted during production.
4. With the development of production, the accumulation of zinc and iron ions in the passivation solution will affect the performance and corrosion resistance of the passivation solution.Therefore, the grooved workpiece in the passivation solution shall be salvaged in time, and the passivation solution shall be updated regularly to ensure that the passivation solution is only good, which can also extend the service life of the passivation solution.
5. Proper baking treatment.The workpiece needs to be fully baked after passivation. If the baking is not sufficient, the corrosion resistance of the coating will be reduced.Bigolly suggested that when customers use Zn-323, the workpiece baking temperature should be set above 80 ℃ and the baking time should be above 10 minutes.
Therefore, we control these points in the production of using zinc nickel alloy trivalent chromium blue passivator to ensure good appearance and corrosion resistance of the coating, and effectively prolong the service life of the passivation solution.If you are interested in zinc nickel alloy trivalent chromium blue passivation solution, please contact the Bigolly customer service for free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about zinc nickel alloy, you can check "Industry News".