The semi-bright nickel process is to use semi-bright nickel plating additives in double-layer nickel or multi-layer nickel system electroplating to obtain semi-bright nickel bottom layers with high corrosion resistance requirements.In the production process, we must ensure that the potential difference between the semi-bright nickel layer and the bright nickel layer is 120~145mv, and it has good corrosion resistance.How to maintain the plating solution?
Bigolly Technology has made an analysis based on the field experience and the characteristics of the semi-bright nickel plating additive Ni-331, mainly including the following five points:
1. Regularly analyze the main salt composition of the plating solution.Nickel sulfate and nickel chloride are salts that provide nickel ions, which can maintain good conductivity and coverage of the plating solution. The main salt concentration should be maintained within the process range during the production process.
2. Always measure and adjust the pH value of the plating solution.The pH value has a great influence on the nickel deposition process and the quality of the nickel layer.Dilute sulfuric acid or nickel carbonate can be used to adjust the pH of the bath during production.
3. The semi-bright nickel additive should follow the principle of less work and increase, and the use and addition amount should be determined by the appearance and consumption of the workpiece.The semi-bright nickel plating additive Ni-331 is recommended to be added after dilution. Generally, it should be added every 30min in continuous production.
4. The plating solution needs to be continuously circulated and filtered, and the filter pump will filter the plating solution 5~8 times in 1 hour.
5. Regularly electrolyze the plating solution at a current density of 0.1~0.3A/dm2 to reduce excessive iron, copper, zinc and other metal impurities in the plating solution.In addition, the workpieces that have been dropped should be removed in time to reduce the influence of the dissolution of metal impurities on the plating solution.
Therefore, in the production process of using semi-bright nickel plating additives, proper maintenance of the plating solution can effectively reduce the occurrence of failures and improve production efficiency.If you are interested in semi-bright nickel plating additives, please contact Bigolly customer service to get free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about nickel plating, you can click to view "Common problem".