In the production process of using alkaline zinc plating brightener, sometimes the plated product has poor adhesion. What is the reason for this failure?
Based on the field experience and the characteristics of the alkaline zinc plating brightener BZ-515 of Bigolly technology, the poor adhesion of the product coating needs to pay attention to these points:
1. Excessive addition of alkaline zinc plating brightener. Sometimes, in order to obtain a brighter coating, we will increase the brightness of the coating by adding more alkaline zinc brightener.But as a result, the coating not only fails to achieve the expected brightness, but also causes poor adhesion of the coating.
2. The workpiece stays in the plating tank for too long before plating. Some people think that the alkaline zinc plating solution is alkaline. Hang the pre-treated workpiece in the plating tank, and then send it to electroplating after the tank is enough, so that the surface of the workpiece is prone to passivation, which leads to poor adhesion of the coating.
3. The galvanized layer is too thick. For alkaline galvanizing process, if the zinc coating is too thick, the internal stress and brittleness of the coating will increase, and the coating at the edge of the workpiece will have bubbles and peeling. Therefore, the thickness of the galvanized layer should generally be controlled within 20μm.
4. There is greasy dirt on the surface of the plating solution. After the workpiece enters the tank, it is surrounded by the dirt composed of the grease on the surface of the plating solution and the decomposition products of the brightener, which causes the plating layer to peel off and the bonding force is poor.
5. Degreasing of the workpiece is not clean. Although the plating solution is alkaline, when the greasy workpiece enters the tank, before it interacts with the alkaline substance, zinc ions are discharged and precipitated, and the zinc layer is deposited on the thin oil film, resulting in poor adhesion of the coating.
Therefore, we need to pay attention to the above five points in the production process of using alkaline zinc plating brightener, which can effectively reduce the occurrence of failures and improve production efficiency.If you are interested in alkaline zinc plating brighteners, please contact bigolly customer service for free samples and detailed technical information!