In the production process using the nickel sealing additives, the inclusion of non-conductive particles in the nickel-sealed coating can reduce the porosity of the coating.In order to obtain a large number of micropores on the chromium layer to improve the corrosion resistance of the coating, how should the electroplating solution for nickel sealing grooves be properly maintained and managed?
Bigolly Technology made an analysis based on the field experience and the characteristics of the product's nickel sealing additives Ni-351,there are mainly the following 6 points:
1. The solid particle size is better at 0.1~0.5. If the particle size is too large, the coating will be rough and affect the brightness and leveling of the coating.The particles should be added frequently, but not too much at one time, because too much will easily make the bright nickel layer light.
2. After the plating solution stops production, the solid particles will settle at the bottom of the tank, so the plating solution should be stirred before electroplating so that the particles can be evenly suspended in the plating solution.
3. The anode bag in the nickel-sealed tank needs to be longer, and the upper mouth should be hung on the anode rod to prevent solid particles from entering the anode bag and not getting out.
4. The workpiece should be fully cleaned after being discharged from the nickel sealing groove to avoid particles being brought into the chrome groove.
5. The thickness of the nickel sealing layer should be controlled at about 1 μm, and the thickness of the chromium layer on the nickel sealing layer should be controlled at about 0.3 μm. If it is too thick, the micropores of the chromium layer will be reduced, and the corrosion resistance of the coating will be reduced.
6. During the electroplating process, due to the introduction of impurities, the anode slime will gradually accumulate, and the performance of the plating solution will deteriorate. Therefore, the plating solution should be treated for impurity removal after a period of production.Although the nickel sealing plating time is very short, even if there are impurities in the plating solution, it will not deposit on the plating layer to form rough burrs, but it will affect the dispersion ability of solid particles in the plating solution.
Although nickel sealing additives are difficult to maintain and manage, as long as the rules are mastered, the quality of the coating can be maintained.If you are interested in nickel sealing additives, please contact Bigolly customer service to get free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about nickel plating, you can check "Electroplating encyclopedia".