In the production process of using nickel sulfamate additive, nickel sulfamate coating is favored by customers because of its good appearance, low stress, fast deposition rate and low porosity.In the production process, some workpieces have burrs on the edge of the coating. What causes this?
According to the field experience and the characteristics of nickel sulfamate additive Ni-1000, Bigolly Technology has analyzed the following five points:
1. The pH value of the plating solution is too high.Although the pH value of the plating solution is high, it has good coverage and high cathodic current density,however, alkaline nickel salts will be precipitated near the cathode, and the nickel layer will have rough crystallization and burrs due to the inclusion of these alkaline nickel salts.
2. The cathode current density is too high.When the current density is high, the brightness of the high area of the coating will be significantly reduced, and the coating will be relatively rough.Therefore, the current density of cathode should be strictly controlled within the process range during production.
3. There are solid particles in the plating solution.These solid particles are deposited together with the nickel layer, and burrs will appear on the surface of the workpiece.Therefore, during production, check whether the filter pump works, and replace the filter element in time to ensure that the plating solution is clean.
4. Anode sludge or anode bag is damaged in the plating solution.These anode slimes will seriously affect the quality of the coating, and the coating is prone to roughness and burrs.The anode bag shall be checked and replaced in time during production.
5. The water used contains more calcium ions.When more calcium ions reach equilibrium in the plating solution, they will form sediment to pollute the coating, resulting in fine particles of the coating and affecting the quality of the coating.Therefore, water distribution tank containing more calcium ions or supplement shall not be used in the production process, and less calcium ions will affect the coating.
Therefore, in the production process of using nickel sulfamate additive, we should pay attention to these five points when there are long burrs at the edge of the workpiece, strengthen the maintenance and management of the plating solution, and reduce the occurrence of failures.If you are interested in nickel sulfamate additive, please contact the Bigolly customer service for free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about nickel plating, you can click to view "Electroplating encyclopedia".