When we use nickel plating additives to produce, there are several reasons for the poor adhesion of the nickel plating layer of the workpiece, and the reasons are different.So how to judge the reasons for the poor adhesion in different parts of the coating?
Bigolly Technology made an analysis based on the field experience and the characteristics of the product nickel plating additive Ni-301, mainly including the following 6 points:
1. The bonding force of the nickel-plated layer of the workpiece is sometimes good or bad, and it appears irregularly on a certain part of the workpiece.This phenomenon is mainly due to poor pretreatment of the workpiece before plating.
2. The bonding force of the entire workpiece is not good. It may be that the workpiece has not been activated before plating, or that there are impurities such as copper and lead in the acid activation solution, resulting in the workpiece not getting a good activation effect.
3. The workpiece regularly has poor bonding force in certain parts, while the bonding force of other parts is good, which is mainly caused by the generation of bipolar electrodes during the electroplating process.
4. The bonding force between the nickel layer and the nickel layer on the whole workpiece is not good, which may be caused by the long power-off time of the workpiece or the poor conductivity of the electrode during the electroplating process.
5. The bonding force of the workpiece is mainly at the tip position or edge position is not good, this phenomenon may be that the content of boric acid in the plating solution is low and the pH value is high;It may also be that the concentration of electroplating nickel brightener is high, or other organic impurities are too much;It may also be caused by the high content of iron impurities in the plating solution.
6. If the workpiece on the upper part of the hanger has poor adhesion, it may be that the plating solution has oil stains, which affects the nickel deposition of the workpiece on the hanger.
Therefore, when we use nickel plating additives to produce, we can quickly determine the possible causes when the nickel plating layer of the workpiece has poor adhesion, reduce failure time, and improve production efficiency.If you are interested in nickel plating additives, please contact Bigolly customer service, you can get free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about nickel plating, you can check "Industry News".