When we use medium phosphorus electroless nickel plating solution to produce, sometimes the coating of the workpiece appears dull and dull. What is the reason?
Bigolly Technology made an analysis based on the field experience and the characteristics of the product's medium phosphorus electroless nickel plating solution Ni-809,There are 5 main reasons:
1. The pretreatment of the workpiece surface is not thorough.The process of degreasing and pickling should be improved, or the cleaning process should be strengthened to ensure that the pre-treatment of the workpiece is clean and free of residues.
2. Cleaning water pollution after chemical nickel.The cleaning water quality after chemical nickel should be improved or more water washing process should be added to ensure that the workpiece is cleaned after chemical nickel plating.
3. The pH value and temperature of the electroless nickel plating solution are too low.The pH value of the plating solution can be increased with NaOH or NH4OH, and the temperature can be appropriately increased to within the process range.
4. The concentration of nickel ions or reducing agent in the electroless nickel bath is too low.The concentration of nickel ions or reducing agent in the plating solution should be analyzed regularly and supplemented to the normal concentration.
5. The electroless nickel plating solution is contaminated by organic impurities or metal ion impurities.Organic impurities can be treated with activated carbon and removed by filtration; metal ion impurity pollution needs to be replaced by part of the plating solution.
Therefore, we need to pay attention to the above 5 points in the production process of using medium phosphorus electroless nickel plating solution to effectively avoid the phenomenon of dullness and dullness of the coating and reduce the occurrence of failures.
If you are interested in medium phosphorus electroless nickel plating solution, please contact Bigolly customer service, you can get free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about copper plating, you can check "common problem".