Before surface treatment, aluminum materials are generally required for pre-treatment: degreasing → rust removal → cleaning → phosphating or purification, etc.
Most of the rusty or thick surface parts are removed by mechanical methods such as sandblasting and shot blasting, but after mechanical rust removal, ensure that the surface of the workpiece is clean and free of scale.
1. Polishing: To overcome defects, deburr and brighten the surface, it can be divided into chemical polishing and mechanical polishing.
2. Sandblasting: The purpose of aluminum surface treatment is to overcome and conceal some defects of aluminum alloy in the machining process and meet some special requirements of customers for product appearance. There are glass sand, tungsten sand, etc., showing different feelings, similar to the rough texture of ground glass, and fine sand molds can also show high-end products.
3. Metal electroplating method: It is more common, and there is a treatment process of electroplating after polishing.
4. Car texture: aluminum surface treatment is a processing method for reprocessing after the mold is formed. The texture is processed by a lathe, and the adult body shows very regular texture characteristics.
5. Rubbing pattern: It is called wire drawing, which is similar to the car pattern. They all form a smooth continuous pattern on the surface. The difference is that the car pattern is expressed as a ring pattern and the rubbing pattern is a straight line pattern.
6. Oxidation (coloring): There are two purposes for aluminum surface treatment and oxidation to enhance physical properties and achieve the purpose of coloring. Generally, it is anodic oxidation. The purpose is to paint, and to increase surface hardness to improve wear resistance, such as micro-arc oxidation.
7. Spraying: spray a layer of coating on the surface of aluminum material, spray white, spray wood grain, etc., fluorocarbon spray.
If you want to know more about galvanizing, you can check "Industry News".