We all know that chemical nickel plating solution can deposit nickel phosphorus alloy coatings on the surfaces of iron, steel, zinc alloys, aluminum alloys and copper alloys after zinc immersion treatment. However, chemical nickel plating solution is prone to precipitation due to improper preparation, resulting in poor stability of the plating solution. So how do we correctly prepare chemical nickel plating solution?
Based on on-site experience and the characteristics of phosphorus Electroless nickel plating solution Ni-809 in the product, Bigley Technology analyzed that the chemical nickel plating solution consists of three agents: A, B, and H. Agents A and B are opened in a ratio of 1:2, while agents A and H can be added in proportion to maintain the stable performance of the plating solution. The specific preparation method of the plating solution is as follows:
1. Electroless nickel plating tanks made of stainless steel, enamel, or plastic materials can be selected.
2. Clean the plating tank with pure water, and then add about half of the tank's volume of pure water to the tank.
3. Add the calculated amount of 120ml/L Ni-809B to the tank and stir evenly. Slowly add the calculated amount of 60ml/L Ni-809A while stirring. It should be noted that both agent A and agent B should not be added to the plating bath at the same time to avoid the precipitation of nickel hydroxide in the plating solution, which may affect the stability and performance of the plating solution.
4. Continue to add pure water to the total volume of the plating tank.
5. After stirring evenly, test the pH value of the plating solution, and adjust the pH value of the plating solution to 4.8 ± 0.5 with 10% ammonia or 10% sulfuric acid.
6. Heat the plating solution and stabilize the temperature between 86~92 ℃, so that trial production can proceed.
The above is the correct preparation method for chemical nickel plating solution, which can effectively improve the stability of the plating solution, reduce the occurrence of faults, extend the service life of the plating solution, and save production costs. If you are interested in chemical nickel plating solution, please contact Bigley customer service to obtain free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to learn more about chemical nickel, you can click to view the "Electroplating Encyclopedia".