In the process of using barrel nickel plating brightener, sometimes the coating of the workpiece will be black and foggy, which seriously affects the quality of the coating.So what factors will affect the quality of the coating?
According to the field experience and the characteristics of the product barrel nickel plating brightener Ni-117, Bigolly Technology has made an analysis. The main factors affecting the coating quality are as follows:
1. The influence of brightener.The brightener is too little, and the coating surface is easy to be dull and peeling, so the dosage shall be increased;Too much brightener, poor adhesion of the coating, and the coating will not be plated seriously.
2. Influence of current.The current is too small to deposit the coating, and the current density needs to be increased;If the current is large, but the workpiece cannot be plated, check the conductivity of the conductive rod and contact of the equipment;If the current is too large, the workpiece will turn black, and "black spots" will appear on the coating surface.
3. The influence of bath temperature.If the temperature is too high, the brightness of the workpiece will be reduced, and the coating surface is prone to "white spots";The temperature is too low, the electroplating time is too long, and the average plating ability and deep plating ability are relatively poor.
4. Influence of electroplating time and bath pH.The electroplating time is too long, and the workpiece is easy to peel; The electroplating time is too short, the average plating ability and deep plating ability are poor, and some parts of the workpiece will not be coated.If the pH value of the bath is too high or too low, the stability of the bath will be affected, and the even plating ability and deep plating ability of the bath will become worse.
5. The influence of organic impurities.The organic impurities brought into the bath and the decomposition products of brightener will make the bath turbid, increase the viscosity, narrow the bright range of the coating, and make the coating prone to fog.\
6. The influence of copper and iron impurities.The low content of copper impurities can make the low area of the coating dark and rough; When the copper impurity content is high, the low current area of the coating can be blackened and spongy coating appears.More iron impurities in the plating solution can increase the resistance of the plating solution, consume part of the current, affect the brightness of the low area of the coating, and easily blacken the low area.
Therefore, we should pay attention to the above six points in the process of using barrel nickel plating brightener to improve the coating quality and reduce the occurrence of failures.If you are interested in the barrel nickel plating brightener, please contact the Bigolly customer service for free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about nickel plating,you can click to view "Common problem".