In the process of using electroless nickel plating solution, the workpiece can obtain uniform coating thickness, and can also flexibly control the coating thickness. At the same time, the workpiece can effectively increase wear resistance, corrosion resistance and hardness.In the production process, what are the operating points to ensure the stability of the plating solution, prolong the service life and reduce the occurrence of failures?
According to the field experience and the characteristics of the product electroless nickel plating solution Ni-809, Bigolly Technology has made an analysis, mainly including the following seven points:
1. Workpiece pretreatment.Before electroless nickel plating, the workpiece shall be effectively pretreated to remove the dirt on the surface, such as polishing, chemical degreasing, ultrasonic cleaning, etc., to ensure that the workpiece surface is clean.
2. Purity of water.The purity of the water used to prepare the chemical nickel plating solution or the added water shall be guaranteed. If the water containing metal impurities, calcium and magnesium ions, particles and other impurities is used, the coating will be disqualified.
3. Selection of plating bath.The tank body used for electroless nickel plating shall be made of stainless steel or polypropylene, which can withstand high temperature and have a long service life, and can also prevent chemical nickel from depositing on the tank body.
4. Circulating filtration system.Particles or other insoluble substances in the plating solution will cause the workpiece surface to be rough, poor brightness and other phenomena, which can be avoided by circulating filtration of the plating solution.
5. Control of bath temperature.During the production of electroless nickel plating, the temperature of the bath should be controlled within the range of 86~91 ℃. Too high or low temperature or high fluctuation will mostly lead to the disqualification of the coating.
6. Analysis and adjustment of plating solution.During the production process, the content of the bath composition shall be regularly analyzed and adjusted to ensure the balance of nickel ion and reducing agent in the bath.In addition, the pH value of the plating solution will increase slowly with the progress of production. Ammonia should be added properly to adjust the pH value of the plating solution within the range of 4.5~5.0.
7. Post processing of workpiece.After chemical nickel treatment, the workpiece needs chromate passivation treatment or baking dehydrogenation treatment, which can effectively improve the corrosion resistance and surface hardness of the workpiece coating.
Therefore, we can improve the stability of the plating solution, extend the service life of the solution and effectively reduce the production cost through the above seven operation points in the process of using the electroless nickel plating solution.If you are also interested in electroless nickel plating solution, please contact the Bigolly customer service for free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about electroless nickel plating, you can check "Industry News".