In the process of using electroless nickel plating solution, the workpiece can obtain uniform coating thickness, and can also well control the coating thickness. At the same time, the workpiece can effectively increase wear resistance, corrosion resistance and hardness.In the production process, in order to ensure the stability of electroless nickel plating solution, prolong the service life and reduce the occurrence of faults, what are the key points of operation?
According to the site experience and the characteristics of the product electroless nickel plating solution Ni-809, Bigolly Technology has analyzed the following seven points:
1. Workpiece pretreatment before plating.Before electroless nickel plating, the workpiece shall be subject to effective pretreatment to remove the dirt on the surface, such as polishing, chemical degreasing, ultrasonic cleaning, etc., to ensure that the surface of the workpiece is clean.
2. Purity of water.The purity of the water used in the preparation of the chemical nickel plating solution or the added water shall be guaranteed. If the water containing metal impurities, calcium and magnesium ions, particles and other impurities is used, it will easily lead to the unqualified coating.
3. Selection of plating bath.The tank body used for electroless nickel plating shall be made of stainless steel or polypropylene, which can withstand high temperature, have long service life and prevent chemical nickel from depositing on the tank body.
4. Circulating filtration system.Particles or other insoluble substances in the plating solution will lead to rough surface and poor brightness of the workpiece, which can be avoided by circulating filtration of the plating solution.
5. Control of bath temperature.During the production process of electroless nickel plating, the temperature of the plating solution should be controlled within the range of 86~91 ℃. Too high, too low or fluctuating temperature will lead to unqualified coating.
6. Analysis and adjustment of plating solution.During the production process, the content of the bath composition should be regularly analyzed and adjusted to ensure the balance of nickel ion and reducing agent in the bath.In addition, the pH value of the plating solution will rise slowly with the progress of production, so ammonia should be added properly to adjust the pH value of the plating solution within the range of 4.7~5.1.
7. Post-treatment of workpiece.The corrosion resistance and surface hardness of the workpiece coating can be effectively improved by chromate passivation treatment or baking and hydrogen removal treatment after the chemical nickel treatment.
Therefore, we can improve the stability of the plating solution, extend the service life of the plating solution and effectively reduce the production cost through the above seven key points in the process of using the electroless nickel plating solution.If you are interested in electroless nickel plating solution, please contact Bigolly customer service for free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about electroless nickel plating,you can check "Industry News".