When we use nickel plating additives to produce, the phenomenon of pinholes in the coating of workpieces often occurs.The pinhole phenomenon is mostly caused by the gas staying on the surface of the workpiece during the nickel plating process.There are many factors that cause pinholes in the nickel-plated layer of the workpiece. How should we quickly make a judgment?
Bigolly Technology made an analysis based on the field experience and the characteristics of the product's nickel plating additives Ni-301,The phenomenon of pinholes caused by different reasons is slightly different, and the possible reasons for the occurrence of pinholes can be judged at the part where the pinholes appear:
1. Each part of the workpiece has pinholes and is relatively uniform. This may be because the anti-pinhole agent in the plating solution is less, and a wetting agent can be added to the plating solution, such as Bigolly's Ni-382 nickel plating wetting agent.
2. There are pinholes in every part of the workpiece, but the pinholes are relatively few, which may be due to the relatively low temperature of the plating solution.
3. The workpiece mainly has pinholes downward, which may be due to the low content of boric acid in the plating solution.In addition to the pinholes on the workpiece below, the workpiece on the upper part of the hanger also has pinholes, which may be due to oil stains or excessive organic impurities on the surface of the plating solution.
4. The workpiece only has pinholes upwards, which may be caused by more solid particles in the plating solution.
5. There are pinholes in the local position of the workpiece, and the distribution is irregular. This is mainly due to the poor pre-plating treatment of the workpiece, and the surface has oil stains or rust spots removed cleanly.
6. The workpiece only has pinholes at the tip or edge position, which is mainly due to improper operation of the plating solution, such as excessive cathode current density, high pH value of the plating solution, or excessive iron impurity content in the plating solution.If there are too many iron impurities in the plating solution, Bigolly's Ni-391 impurity removal water can be used to remove them.
In this way, when we use nickel plating additives to produce, the cause of pinholes in the nickel plating layer of the workpiece can be quickly judged, which can effectively reduce the failure time and improve production efficiency.If you are interested in nickel plating additives,
please contact Bigolly customer service to get free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about nickel plating,you can check "common problem".