In the process of using nickel plating additives, sometimes the adhesion of the double-layer nickel layer of the workpiece is poor, and the performance test is unqualified. What is the cause?
According to the field experience and the characteristics of the product nickel plating additive Ni-301, Bigolly Technology has made an analysis. The adhesion of the double-layer nickel layer of the workpiece coating is poor. The following five points should be noted:
1. Nickel plating solution shall be purified regularly.The uneven nickel plating additives, the accumulation of organic impurities, metal impurities and other elements in the plating solution will lead to passivation of the coating surface or increase of internal stress, resulting in poor adhesion of the coating.
2. When the newly plated nickel layer stays in the air or water for a long time, the surface of the coating is prone to passivation. Therefore, the washing of nickel plating should be simplified, and the workpiece can enter the bright nickel bath from the semi bright nickel bath.
3. In the double-layer nickel process of automatic production line, when the workpiece enters the bright nickel bath from the semi bright nickel bath, it should be charged into the bath to prevent the occurrence of bipolar electrode phenomenon.In the production of manual line, the current can be reduced when the hanger enters the plating tank, which can reduce the occurrence of bipolar electrode phenomenon.
4. The passivation of nickel layer surface shall be avoided as much as possible during the transfer of workpieces, and the surrounding operating environment shall be kept clean and tidy.
5. In the production process, the sulfur containing primary brightener cannot be brought into the bright nickel plating bath, otherwise the potential difference between the coatings will be reduced.
Therefore, the above five points should be paid attention to in the process of using nickel plating additives to avoid the poor adhesion between the double nickel layers affecting the performance of the workpiece and reducing the occurrence of faults.If you are interested in nickel plating additives, please contact the Bigolly customer service for free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about nickel plating, you can click to view "Electroplating encyclopedia".