In the process of using decorative chrome plating additives, sometimes the coating surface of the workpiece looks very rough, which will seriously affect the decorative effect of the workpiece.What causes this?
According to the site experience and the characteristics of the decorative chrome plating additive Cr-9, Bigolly Technology analyzed the following five points:
1. The substrate of the workpiece is rough.The larger the roughness value of the substrate surface, the rougher the surface after chromium plating.Therefore, it is necessary to ensure that the surface of the workpiece substrate is smooth, so that the workpiece will be smooth after chrome plating.
2. The bottom coating is rough.The surface of the nickel coating before chrome plating is rough, so the surface of the workpiece after chrome plating will be rough.Therefore, the workpiece surface shall be smooth before chrome plating and after chrome plating.
3. There are fine solid particles in the chrome plating solution.When the workpiece is entering or leaving the plating bath or chrome plating process, these particles will deposit on the upward part of the workpiece, forming a rough phenomenon.During the production process, a small amount of plating solution can be taken into a beaker or conical flask after stirring the plating solution, and the condition of the plating solution can be observed under strong light.If particles are observed, the filtration treatment of the plating solution should be strengthened to remove these solid particles from the plating solution.
4. The sulfuric acid content in the bath is too low.The higher the content of sulfuric acid in the plating solution, the better the covering ability of the coating, but the brightness will decline, and the coating is easy to be flowered and rough.Therefore, in the production process, the content of sulfuric acid in the plating solution should be timely analyzed and controlled within the process range.
5. The cathode current density is too high.Generally, the higher the cathode current density is, the higher the coverage of the coating will be affected, resulting in scorching and roughness in the high area of the workpiece.Therefore, the cathode current density should be within the process range during production.
Therefore, attention should be paid to the above five points in the process of using decorative chrome plating additives to avoid rough surface of the workpiece coating and reduce the occurrence of faults.If you are interested in decorative chrome plating additives, please contact Bigolly customer service for free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about chrome plating,you can click to view "Common problem".