In the production process of using decorative chromium plating additives, hexavalent chromium is mainly used in the plating solution, which is very harmful to human health, and the waste water and waste gas discharged will also have a great impact.So what can we do to reduce the pollution of hexavalent chromium?
According to the field experience and the characteristics of decorative chromium plating additives Cr-9, Bigolly Technology has analyzed the following five methods:
1. Reduce the concentration of hexavalent chromium in the bath.In many chromium plating processes, the concentration of chromic anhydride will be controlled at about 250g/L.The concentration can be reduced to 180~200g/L under the condition that the chromium coating is not affected, which can reduce the carrying out of chromic anhydride in the plating solution, reduce the burden of water washing, and reduce the concentration of chromium in the waste water and waste gas discharged.
2. Lower the temperature of the bath.The temperature of chromium plating process can be reduced from 45~50 ℃ to 35~45 ℃, reducing the evaporation of chromic acid, reducing the content of chromium mist in the exhaust air, and reducing the pollution of chromium to the air.
3. Select appropriate chrome plating additives.The use of traditional chromium plating additives has low current efficiency. Increasing the current will intensify the hydrogen evolution reaction and increase the volatilization of chromium mist.Composite chromium plating and rare earth chromium plating additives are used. For example, this Cr-9 chromium plating additive can improve the current efficiency, use lower current and reduce the emission of chromium mist.
4. Reduce the carrying amount of workpieces.When the workpiece is out of the plating bath, it can stay for 8-10 seconds to make the plating solution carried on the workpiece drop back to the chromium plating bath, reducing the amount of plating solution carried out, reducing the burden of cleaning water, and thus reducing water pollution.
5. Adopt recovery and countercurrent water washing process.The water washing process of chromium plating process generally includes 5 steps to water washing, and the chromic acid concentration in the water washing tank farther away from the plating tank is lower.As the electroplating process requires frequent replenishment of water, the cleaning water in the back will replenish water to the water tank with high chromic acid concentration in the front, which can achieve the purpose of replenishment of water and also recover a large amount of chromic acid, which can effectively reduce the pollution of chromic acid in wastewater.
In this way, we can effectively reduce the discharge of chromic acid in waste water and waste gas through the above five methods in the process of using decorative chromium plating additives, reducing the pollution of chromic acid, which is conducive to production.If you are interested in decorative chromium plating additives, please contact the Bigolly customer service for free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about chrome plating, you can check "Industry News".