A customer inquired about the use of plastic electroplating palladium activator in production. In order to achieve good activation effect on the surface of plastic workpieces, what should be paid attention to in the maintenance of the activation solution?
Based on on-site experience and the characteristics of the palladium activator for plastic electroplating, Bigley Technology has analyzed the following 5 points to pay attention to during the maintenance of the activation solution during the production process:
1. In the normal activation process, the reduction of palladium ions by stannous chloride will form colloidal palladium and stannic acid colloids. At this time, stannic acid colloids are the protective body of palladium, making the colloidal palladium activation solution have good stability. Therefore, it is necessary to maintain an excess of tin ions and sufficient acidity in the activation solution during the production process.
2. The higher the acidity of the general activation solution, the better the activity (the concentration of hydrochloric acid needs to be controlled between 270-350ml/L). When the pH value of the activation solution is above 2.0, stannous chloride is easily hydrolyzed into tetravalent tin and tin hydroxide, making the activation solution turbid and white, which will cause the decomposition of the activation solution.
3. The temperature of the activation solution can be used at 20-50 ℃. Generally, the lower the temperature, the better the activity of the activation solution. It is recommended to control the temperature of the activation solution at around 25 ℃.
4. The chromium content in the activation solution should not exceed 500ppm, otherwise it will affect the deposition rate of palladium ions. When the chromium ion content is too high, it is easy for the activation solution to decompose. Therefore, during the production process, the cleaning water before activation should be replaced in a timely manner to avoid bringing chromium ions into the activation solution due to incomplete washing.
5. Poor activity of the activation solution and excessive cleaning after activation can lead to a decrease in the adhesion of the coating. Therefore, in the production process, it is necessary to maintain good activity of the activation solution and avoid excessive cleaning.
Therefore, we should pay more attention to the above 5 points in the production of plastic electroplating palladium activator, which can effectively improve the activation effect of the workpiece, extend the service life of the activation solution, and save production costs. If you are interested in palladium activators for plastic electroplating, you can contact Bigley customer service to obtain free samples and detailed technical information!