In the production process of using nickel plating brightener, sometimes the coating will appear faintly corrugated, that is, orange peel-like coating.What is the reason for this phenomenon?
Bigolly Technology made an analysis based on the field experience and the characteristics of the nickel plating brightener Ni-301, mainly for the following five reasons:
1. The workpiece is poorly treated before plating.If the workpiece is not cleanly degreased or washed with water after degreasing, it is easy to cause the nickel-plated layer to bloom.In the production process, the pre-treatment process of the workpiece should be strengthened to ensure that the surface of the workpiece is clean.
2. There are oil stains or glue impurities in the plating solution.If there are glue impurities in the plating solution, not only the orange peel coating will appear, but also the nickel layer will turn yellow, the bonding force will decrease, and pinholes and brittleness will easily appear.
3. There are too many foreign metal impurities in the plating solution.Excessive foreign metal impurities in the plating solution can also lead to the appearance of orange peel in the coating.During the production process, the plating solution should be regularly cleaned of impurities.
4. There is unfiltered activated carbon powder in the plating solution.Generally, this situation occurs after using activated carbon to treat the plating solution. It is necessary to use a filter to filter the plating solution. It is recommended to put a filter bag on the filter element before filtering.
5. Improper use or excessive content of anti-pinhole agent.The anti-pinhole agent can reduce the interfacial tension between the plating part and the plating solution and prevent pinholes in the plating layer.If the content of anti-pinhole agent is too low, the nickel-plated layer is prone to pinholes, and the coating is prone to blooming;If the content is too high, the coating will appear orange peel phenomenon.
Therefore, when we use nickel plating brightener, we can solve the orange peel phenomenon of the coating according to the above 5 points, reduce the failure rate and reduce the loss.If you are interested in nickel plating brightener, please contact Bigolly customer service, you can get free samples and detailed technical information!
If you want to know more about nickel plating, you can click to view "Common problem".