In the production process of using high phosphorus electroless nickel plating solution, sometimes the workpiece will leak plating. What is going on?
Bigolly Technology made an analysis based on the field experience and the characteristics of the product's high phosphorus electroless nickel plating solution Ni-811,There are 5 main reasons:
1. The pretreatment of the workpiece is not clean.The concentration of the degreasing liquid is low, the oil residue on the surface of the workpiece, or the water in the washing tank is not clean, etc.
2. The mounting and hanging method of the workpiece is incorrect.During the process of chemical nickel precipitation of the workpiece, there are bubbles that cannot be discharged on the surface of the workpiece, resulting in leakage plating at this position.
3. The plating solution is contaminated by organic impurities or metal ion impurities, and the plating solution should be cleaned as soon as possible.
4. The influence of the metal at the bottom of the workpiece, such as stainless steel, the catalytic activity of the metal surface is inconsistent, and the deposition speed is also different, resulting in uneven deposition of the chemical nickel layer, and serious leakage.
5. Excessive stabilizer in the plating solution leads to inactivity in the plating solution, and the workpiece is not easy to be plated and the phenomenon of leakage plating occurs.
Therefore, we need to pay attention to the above five points in the production process of using high phosphorus electroless nickel plating solution, which can effectively avoid the phenomenon of leakage plating and reduce the failure rate.